Wednesday, November 15, 2006

High Winds

Great.  Well hopefully I don't get blown off the I-5 bridge into the Columbia River tonight during the ride home from work.  I might have to walk my bike across.

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON...SOUTH WINDS 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS 45 TO 55 MPH ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THIS AFTERNOON AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT. WIND GUSTS TO 53 MPH HAVE BEEN RECORDED AT THE PORTLAND INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

Later

Update:

Well it took me an extra 30 minutes on the ride. Winds practically made me go backwards during the ride south as they slammed into me. Once I made it downtown and into the west hills, with 5 miles to go, I finally found some shelter but those 15 miles... where I would normally be going 18-20 mph i was 8-9 mph. I was also able to ride the bridge.

I was thinking why did I do this when I had multiple offers to drive me home? Proof it could be done? Bravado? Stubborn? Mental toughness training? Beating mother nature? Maybe just stupid.

No comments: