Monday, July 17, 2006

Book Review: Autobiography: The Fastest Bicycle Rider in the World, 1929 - Major Taylor

1st book in as far back as I can remember that I didn't finish. It wasn't that the reading was difficult or that the subject wasn't interesting it was that there were 400+ pages of really small font in a hardcover and he was going into amazing detail of every race. And he raced all over the world from like the late 1890s to the 1920s. While I thought the first 100 pages were great and he's a really impressive man I felt like it was taking a long time to read and I was neglecting the National Geographics' and other books piling up. Also I think the pressure from the library to return the book in 3 weeks was a little much. Yep. I couldn't find the book in print. Had to go to the library.

"It is my thought that clean living and a strict observance of the golden rule of true sportsmanship are foundation stones without which a championship structure cannot be built."
Marshall Taylor in The Fastest Bicycle Rider in the World

No comments: