Monday, July 17, 2006

Hawthorne Boulevard

   Hawthorne Boulevard    
Music and Dancing on Hawthorne
I guess Hawthorne Street is this well known area in Portland for being well... very Portland. Hippies. Gay / Lesbians. Local shops. There was supposed to be this event called 2nd Thursday going on last week. We went but even the businesses had no idea what the hell we were talking about. Had a couple beers at the Bridgeport Ale House. Good wheat summer special beer. Heidi invited Craig along. Nice guy. He's on crutches, well not the hospital kind, those kind that people use for when they are permanently disabled. Which he is. Something with his hip. Anyway I had fun teasing her later that she invited someone along to a Boulevard / sidewalk with tons of walking and the guy can't really go but more than 2 blocks... /sigh. He knows alot about the area. I guess Hawthorne was originally a pretty seedy area and then lesbian couples moved into the area and since then it's been an all hippie, free thinking zone. Craig wasn't up for the walking so Heidi and I walked for abit then decided to head over to this Italian Jazz joint, of which the name escapes me, for some meatballs and pasta. The best meatballs in Portland I guess. They weren't bad. The jazz was downstairs but we didn't go because we were belly up to the bar and Justin and his girlfriend met up with us. I switched to some Hoegaarden and then finished Heidi's wine for her. I guess I had some higher expectations for this street. Going to have to check it out again some other time.

No comments: