Monday, July 24, 2006

Portland Mountain Bike Short Track Series - Race #2

Portland Mountain Bike Short Track Series - Race #2
Portland Mountain Bike Short Track Series - Race #2
Had a bad start. Picked the wrong gear and slipped a pedal which had me mid-pack before the first turn. I was able to make up about 10 spots before the single track. This time they added alot of single-track which I liked. Unfortunately about 1/2 through the race I did an endo over the log after having cleared it on the 4 previous laps no problem. So lose about 4-5 spots getting up and putting my chain back on the front ring. I was pretty gassed after that and could hear the announcer saying something about the race leader. I looked back and could see him only a few turns behind me so I was about to get lapped. It was the last lap so I rode abit harder so he couldn't. Not sure if that guy is always that fast or what. Results - 17th out of 47. Stayed awhile to watch the Pro / Elite field. These guys are fast. One guy Shannon Skerritt, seemed to run away with it. I hear he's the guy that does the Cyclocross training classes. Anyway. We'll see how I do tonight after having the race down in Oakridge.

No comments: