Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Beth Orton and PC woes...

Monday night went to see Beth Orton play at the Wonder Ballroom. She was good. Beer was good. Venue was cool. A friend of Heidi's named Morgan bought the tickets and we picked her up at her house. I found out at dinner that she rides mountain bikes and skis. I feel like a Portland socialite lately. All these bands and venues. We have tickets to see Pink Martini in 3 weeks and there was the lead singer stopping to say hello to Morgan during the show and then her and her boyfriend stood right in front of us to watch the show... small little world here in Portland is what Heidi keeps saying.

My PC has gone south. Processor locks and the damn thing shuts down. Tried to reinstall the OS to no avail. Upgraded the BIOS last night which seemed to help. Now I need Ethernet drivers... it's just one thing after the other. I'm due for a new one since this one is just over 3 years old now...

Those tires arrived and I was able to ride into work today for the first time in ... wow ... 3 weeks. I've definitely lost some fitness and noticed it on the ride. I'm not looking forward to the grueling climb back up out of the Columbia river basin into the hills of SE Portland tonight. It might take me longer than 90 minutes to do those 20 miles...

No comments: