Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Catching up

  • Instead of staying in and recovering from illness, Heidi and I went to the Weidmer Brothers Brewery for dinner and a beer and then out to White Eagle to catch a couple bands on Thursday.
  • Friday I went out with Jenn. Had some beers and happy hour food at McFadden's Irish Restuarant/Saloon. We followed that up with some more Irish drinking at Kell's Irish Pub. They had a cool band there with some guy going to town on a fiddle.
  • Saturday Heidi got sick thanks to me... so we pretty much spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out and trying to fully recover.
  • Also, bought a grill over the weekend, put it together, cooked out Monday night.
  • Back is starting to feel better and illness is gone. Otherwise all is well...
  • Got call from Ray - they had their first race. I'm assuming it was the one out on the Mississippi River Island near the Quad Cities. Sounds like I missed some fun riding and catching some sun. Heard Butch did well (5th) and Ray doing his early season sandbaggin (8-9th?) :) Wonder how Ryan and Gabi did. Wonder if Joe was there? I also got my entry form in the mail for the Rockcut State Park race. Going to miss that race. I see it's 37.5 miles - wow - I don't remember it being that long last year - I guess it was though because I do remember cursing as I started the 3rd lap...

No comments: