Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Red Dress

Friday night we went to Sushi Land with Heidi's long time friend from high school. Sushi Land is this sushi joint where the dishes revolve around on this conveyor belt. Each dish is color labeled as being $1.50, $2.00, $2.50 or $3.00. Cheap (~$40 for 3 people). But not that good.

Heidi and I attended the Portland Red Dress Party on Saturday night... and then spent Sunday recovering from a hangover. Yes I had to go in a red dress. Portland has quite the 'alternative' lifestyle scene. Not that I think the number of people is any greater than Milwaukee or Chicago but that they seem to have a louder voice. In any case, it was a fun party. I kind of thought of it as a Halloween party. All sorts of different outfits. We took a disposable camera so hopefully I might have some pictures later.

My PC is still down... BIOS fixed nothing. It looks like the graphics card has gone south because the fan on it is not operating. But at least I can get the system to crash consistently now. Previously is was intermittent crashes. New video card is on order and should be here Thursday.

I've thrown my back out again. Last year I had to take a 5 week break from racing because of pain in my lower back. I actually had to take 2 days off of work because I couldn't do anything more than crawl around. I also think I'm catching a cold - my throaght is exteremly sore... Ricola...

That's it for now

I'll leave you with a couple of shots from my bicycle commute on Friday.

IMG_0686

This shot is from the hillside going down into Portland from Heidi's house. I'm not sure what the elevation is here.

IMG_0687

This shot is from the Interstate 5 bridge that spans the Columbia River - I'm just about to cross it north out of Portland, OR into Vancouver, WA. Note how in the distance you can see it rise a couple hundred feet just like a hill...

I probably shouldn't let you see these shots because the sun is out... the Pacific Northwest Intelligence Agency is now going to come looking for me.

No comments: