Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm sick

Yesterday I called in sick to work. I woke up in the early morning, around 3 am, shivering and my teeth chattering. I always seem to get a fever when I get sick. Heidi said she thought that was a good thing because it had something to do with white blood cell count rising. So I looked it up. One of the causes of fever is definitely because of your white blood cell count rising and they are attacking the germs causing your body to heat up. What a smart girlfriend I have.

She also stopped at the store and came home early for lunch. I got some chicken noodle soup, OJ, my favorite potato chips, some Breyer's chocolate ice cream and a carrot cake cupcake her boss picked up. Then later that evening she pampered me some more. I'm feeling pretty lucky to have a girlfriend like Heidi.

So in an odd turn of events she ended up sleeping on the couch because I was snoring... I feel really bad about it. Normally when I sleep on my stomach it goes away but I guess this damn sickness has me all clogged up so even rolling over didn't help.

What a way to pay her back...

No comments: