Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Weekend Update

I already forgot what I did for dinner on Friday. I know we went out somewhere, came home, and I pretty much was out by like 10:30pm.

Saturday I went to a LAN party with a buddy at work. Basically a bunch of people (8 of us) get together and play PC games over the network. The guy's house was about 1 hour south in the town of Salem, OR. He had cleared out the living room and we setup our PC's on tables in the living room and kitchen and started gaming. We played F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon, Company of Heroes, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2, and Call of Juarez. Back in the early 90's when my Dad got me doing this they were called 'War-gamer weekends' because we'd start Friday night, stay up all night into Saturday until we passed out sometime late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. The other 6 guys I got to know were pretty cool. They get together once a month so I may partake in some of that.

Sunday we went out for brunch at MacAdams Bar & Grill (make your own bloody mary bar), ran some errands, and watched football. It was supposed to be a nice day but it ended up raining (a light sprinkle mind you) most of the day. That's when I did most of the book readin'. Nice to see the Bears kickin butt again. 5-0. There's a Bears fan club bar down the road from where we live that we need to check out.

Later.

No comments: